- Ruth Griffiths
26 Winston Crs
Viveash, WA 6056
- Ph: 08 9274 4606
M: 042 99 55 225
Breastmilk is a perfect and irreplaceable gift a mother can give to her baby. It is the best start a baby can have in life.
Breastfeeding is one of the most wonderful gifts a mother can give to her baby, but for many mums, it can be a struggle. As a qualified and experienced lactation consultant, Kids Konsultant knows the difficulties that many mothers face in attempting to breastfeed their babies, and is able to help.
We can assist mothers by providing information on the benefits of breastfeeding and helping overcome some of problems that may arise. These may include attachment difficulties, nipple trauma, lack of supply, ‘demand’ feeding, thrush and mastitis.
As a member of the International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants, a midwife and child health practitioner with nearly half a century’s worth of experience, the Kids Konsultant is an expert on breastfeeding.
Being understanding, compassionate and knowledgeable, we are able to offer breastfeeding solutions for struggling Perth mothers. If you’d like to breastfeed, but are finding it difficult, then we’d like to help.
Benefits of breastfeeding
- protects your baby from illness and infection
- provides the perfect food for your growing baby
- aids the development of your baby’s eyesight, speech and intelligence
- May lower the risk of cot death
- reduces the likelihood of allergy
- saves money – there’s no need to buy expensive infant formula and feeding equipment. Because breastfed babies are healthier, you save on medical bills
- is environmentally friendly – it saves fuel, energy and resources
- provides long-term health benefits for both you and your baby
- promotes a special loving bond between mother and baby
It helps to know
Most babies have a strong need to suck when they are first born, so you can start breastfeeding straight away if you are both well.
“The more milk your baby takes from the breast, the more milk your breast will make. To establish a good milk supply let your baby feed frequently, whenever he cries or seems hungry. Allow him to finish the first breast before offering the second side.”
Breastmilk is easily digested. It is normal for young babies to feed frequently, including at least one or more night feeds. This helps your supply too.
Babies breastfeed for comfort and closeness as well as to satisfy their hunger and thirst.
- Many women successfully combine breastfeeding and work outside the home.
- As your baby grows your breastmilk changes to meet their developing needs – your breastmilk is always perfect for your baby.
How Kids Konsultant can help
Kids Konsultant can help parents with breastfeeding their infants by providing information on the benefits of breast feeding and helping overcome some of problems that may arise. Such as attachment difficulties, lack of supply, ‘demand’ feeding, thrush and mastitis.
The first six weeks may be the most difficult time in establishing breastfeeding and where support and assistance may be required.
Breast feeding advice that is given, is based on membership of the world renown, International Board of Lactation Consultants and Ruth’s many years experience gained by working as a midwife and child health practitioner.
Kids Konsultant professional lactation consultant services are charged at $100 an hour. This fee is not Medicare refundable.
Contact Kids Konsultant to find out more about making a lactation consultant appointment.